Sunday, September 26, 2010

ARCH1142 - Workshop3: Material modeling workshop

Material modelling is obviously about using different materials to make models. In this workshop, I have explored the usage mountboard, wire, balsa and other materials to express some ideas through different models.



This is the first model I made after reading the given notes.
I create this model based on the word 'Fold' and I try to illustrate different folding or bending movements and shapes with some strips of white mountboard.



The main theme of the second model is 'City, Space, People'. I have walked around the Sydney City and found some inspirations. I have found that there are combinations of old and modern buildings inside the city. I want to express the idea of transformation through this model.



This is the final presentation of workshop3. I have chosen the word 'construction' for the main theme of my model. I am inspired by those heavy construction equipments and try to show the space created by different grids made by balsa wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment